volunteer opp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DementialFaith

Contributor
Reaction score
i just recently started a dive club in my highschool, and in order to attract more ppl to join the club, im trying to find volunteer opportunities for them as divers, but so with no luck so far, does any1 no about any programs in southern california that host volunteer activities like beach clean up and stuff?

If you can't find anything, organize your own!

See if the school will kick in some cash, or do some fundraising. You shouldn't need to raise too much money.

All you need to attract diver's is food :wink: Have a free barbecue on the beach. You can also pick up some inexpensive, dive related prizes, and have a raffle. Use some the prizes for things like most trash recovered, most interesting find etc.....

You get the idea. Just be creative, and have fun with it.

Scott

DementialFaith once bubbled...
i just recently started a dive club in my highschool, and in order to attract more ppl to join the club, im trying to find volunteer opportunities for them as divers, but so with no luck so far, does any1 no about any programs in southern california that host volunteer activities like beach clean up and stuff?

The annual beach (underwater) clean up just took place in September, and I think it was at least all over California.

Get in touch with whomever runs your fav beach (harbormaster?), the other clubs in the locale, etc. I'm sure you'll be able to come up with nice opportunities.

Find a good cause and organize fundraisers! Scuba Olympics, Dive for Dimes...anything you can think of...fun, cheap and raising money...good luck.

DementialFaith once bubbled...

You can check out www.padi.com they organize more cleanups in the world than any other organization. They have the project awareness that is an excellent program. The should have some Southern CA. stuff.

check with the aquarium of the pacific in long beach, they do alot of volunteer work, they even hire volunteer divers to dive in their tanks, I belive sea world in SD does similiar projects. check them both out.

Earth Day is in April (I think) you might check with some of the local Dive Shops and see if they have anything planned for then. You have plenty of time to plan an event for it. I remember the 1st Earth Day - that is really dates me :eek:

Becky

Back
Top Bottom