Water's Journey--a review.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hmmm...

I stayed up and watched this on PBS night before last and I wasn't impressed. It was okay, but nothing I would call noteworthy. I'm glad I didn't pony up for the tape at Ginnie when I was there last month. This is just my 2 cents.

It seemed rather disjointed and non-cave divers wouldn't notice...but it was obvious to me that the dives were in different systems patched together with even some footage taken here and there and thrown in for color.

The hike through Sonny's was a bit cheezy, and the comment about "my favorite restaurant" probably got him free chow for a month or something.

Jill's comment about "virgin cave" struck me funny. Virgin to who?? her, or anybody? My eyes may have been deceiving me....but I thought I saw a gold line a time or two. Just like the "Amazing Caves" Omnimax film....taped just outside the cavern zone at Dos Ojos looking for the "elusive halocline"...geez give me a break.

Okay....all in all it was okay, but nothing noteworthy.

I picked it up last month at Gennie and I to did not like it a lot I thought it would be a lot better than it was. But all in all it was ok

Positive Publicity = Good Publicity.

In a time where systems are closing and ground water is being contaminated films like this are a great welcome. If you were expecting Terminator XIV, you should be disappointed. If you can create something better, I will support that endeavor.

What I expected was.....

a legtimate documentary WITH authenticity.

e-mail Wes Skiles and ask him about the video insted of trashing it on line.

Also realize that the majority of the population that will be watching it are not cave divers and will not be picking it apart like you.

Oh come on now! Get real! It's an opinion and a personal review. I'm amazed you're taking it personally. Do you get this riled up when you read a bad review of a movie you saw in the theater? Good grief. It was my personal observation, rebuttal it if you will, but PROVIDE documentation to refute me, don't attack me. Or is that what ScubaBoard is reducing itself to now???

Whether the population watching it are cave divers or not....doesn't mean they don't want or require authentic documentation. It's on PBS, not regular TV.

Wendy, I would have thought YOU would appreciate accuracy.

I didn't take anything personally, you on the other hand, that was not an attack on you. I simply said if you have concerns about the video why don't you just e-mail Wes and ask him about it. If you thought my post was a personal attack on you, you are mistaken. I don't even know you, and you certainly don't know me.

Sorry, but your use of the words "trashing" and "picking apart" strike me as a bit more harse than "concerns".

No, I don't know you, but you've revealed alot about yourself in the boards with regards to your profession, personality and your comings and goings. You may want to rethink how much you do reveal in your future postings. Not everyone who reads these boards is what you think. I've got a dive buddy friend who has been stalked due to her postings on another unrelated board. Her stalker monitored her posts for several months and knew enough about her to make your blood run cold. Gee....this may be a good topic to share in the Women's Forum.

I stated my "concerns" about the video in hopes to "revive" a folder that's been dead for awhile.

It do appear I've been successful for a moment or two!

Lets all just take a deep breath. In with the good air...out with the bad. :)

Diver Lori is right about the "Amazing Caves" Omnimax film when they reference the quest for the elusive halocline......I spent a week a month ago cave diving in Akumal, and we couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a halocline!

....Stevie Wonder probably could have found 'em one!

Karl

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom