Underwater Cleanups?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was wondering how many Cleanups NAUI, SSI, or even DIR sponsors?

I know PADI has the project aware world wide practically in every state every year. They seem to be the only agency I'm aware of that does this kind of thing. They also sponsor some research. Do other agencies do anything like this?

I did a beach cleanup last year during the International Coastal Cleanup Day on Jensen Beach, Florida with GUE. JJ and George were there with us too.

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
I was wondering how many Cleanups NAUI, SSI, or even DIR sponsors?

I know PADI has the project aware world wide practically in every state every year. They seem to be the only agency I'm aware of that does this kind of thing. They also sponsor some research. Do other agencies do anything like this?

Our dive club finally gave up on the PADI sponsorship as its a paperwork nitemare and PITA now. IMO they're making lots of noise, but not doing much.

We turned to private corporate sponsors, and could not find any other agencies doing funding.

MD

Beach & harbour clean up days are normally locally sponsored events, CBT. I have never seen a training agency involved.

Sept 20 or the Saturday thereabouts is when they are normally scheduled, coast to coast.

MechDiver once bubbled...

Our dive club finally gave up on the PADI sponsorship as its a paperwork nitemare and PITA now. IMO they're making lots of noise, but not doing much.

We turned to private corporate sponsors, and could not find any other agencies doing funding.

MD

I'm sorry to hear about the paperwork with PADI. They do all kinds of cleanups around the world. They are the easiest agency to deal with hands down as I'm a member of PADI, NAUI, YMCA and CMAS. I even have a personal relationship with the Chairman of the Board with YMCA and that doesn't help with the paperwork.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom