DUI Weight Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mudchick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Assuming the recall is successful, does anyone have any opinions on this product? I need a little more weight with my drysuit and standard weight belts aren't comfortable or I have trouble with them staying in place and a harness seems like a good alternative. I've talked to one person who loves his but I'd like more than one opinion. Thanks to all.

They are a nice ditchable weight solution for recreational diving. I dive a DUI Delta BC, so I have the weight management system built in. My wife uses the Weight-Trim with her conventional BC. My biggest concern to date with ditchable weight is that you could end up in an uncontrolled ascent if the weight is dropped unintentionally. To date this hasn't happened.....

I had one and promptly got rid of it. Went to a regular weight belt and have never gone back. In the tropics I use a rubber belt and for cold water with over 20lbs I use a Sea Soft weight belt that is comfortable on my hips. My biggest complaint with the DUI harness was the shoulders were always falling off especially when taking my BP/W off in the water or onshore.

It is a good solution to a specific problem, which is if weight belts were not working for you, either because you need too much weight, or your body shape don't work well with belt. I used to carry 24lb+ with me. Weight belt was not the best option, so I bought one. Now I only use 14lb, so I am back to weight belt.

I have a classic DUI weight and trim. I love it. I am a larger person and need the harness to keep the weights on my hips. I have never had a problem with it nor with any other DUI product I own or have owned. If it is properly adjusted to you it should not side off your shoulder or fall off in any way. DUI dog rallies are a great place to try one out and get it fitted to you, they are given all over the USA. It has been the best solution I have found for weighting with my drysuit. Good luck I hope I've helped...

They work well when using significant weights as in cold water drysuit diving. It also takes your hips out of the safety equation which can be important as you pile on undergarments. I also like being able to carry the weight a little lower than my natural hips. That can help avoid angel weights. My wife and I each have the W&T-2 and use them regularly in various configurations.

I do find that they slip from the shoulders too easily for our tastes, especially if removing gear in the water. I have added sternum straps.

Pete

I had one and promptly got rid of it. Went to a regular weight belt and have never gone back. In the tropics I use a rubber belt and for cold water with over 20lbs I use a Sea Soft weight belt that is comfortable on my hips. My biggest complaint with the DUI harness was the shoulders were always falling off especially when taking my BP/W off in the water or onshore.

If you read the manual you will discover that if the "shoulder straps keep falling off" then you have not adjusted the harness properly :) Adjust it correctly and you will love it :)

I like mine. I bought it for cold water diving and the increased weight necessary with a dry suit, but I use it for warm water diving too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom