first equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
im fairly new to diving, about a year now, and have been lucky enough to dive enough that equipment has become the logical financial decision. This is what i just purchased, i would like to know what you guys thought of this equipment.
-Cressi S300 BCD
-Mares Proton 42 Metal Regulator
- Mares Proton Metal Octopus
- Sherwood CG2216 Compact Console
- Aeris XR-2 Nitrox Wrist Computer

:D just dive and have fun. In spite of some of the heated gear discussions you'll see here, this ain't no fashion show. Rule #1 be safe. Rule #2 dive as often as you can. Rule #3 see rule #1 and repeat.

Enjoy your new gear. You will discover it's good points and bad points over time. Then you be like everyone else and buy more stuff. :D

im fairly new to diving, about a year now, and have been lucky enough to dive enough that equipment has become the logical financial decision. This is what i just purchased, i would like to know what you guys thought of this equipment.
-Cressi S300 BCD
-Mares Proton 42 Metal Regulator
- Mares Proton Metal Octopus
- Sherwood CG2216 Compact Console
- Aeris XR-2 Nitrox Wrist Computer

Mares makes top notch gear. I have not personally used the Proton, but have heard very good things about it.
Cressi is also a great manufacturer. (the founder of Scubapro worked as a Cressi distributor before founding SP)
Don't know anything about Sherwood and Aeris, but sure they must be good.
As has been said before, gear is just gear... Enjoy the dive.

Seems like a pretty good setup. The one thing is that it looks like the equipment is pretty heavy for travel, so if you are traveling with it, you may want to check your overall weight to make sure you don't hit the baggage fees. I ended up buying a set of travel gear. But went from 49 lbs down to about 35:D

you are going to constantly want to upgrade, thus ending up spending alot more than originally intended. So might as well reach the final state in one shot.

so get
backplate/wings w/doubles & side mount.
rebreather
a couple of mixed gas computer

If you're happy you're happy.

I purchased my gear in a set package, and people were all up in arms against it, but I did, and i'm happy.

That is the nature of divers though, some will always want more/better gear, while others are perfectly happy with what they've got!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom