buying weights online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackvans1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Now anyone who has researched buying weights online knows that the shipping for these weights is tremendously expensive.

What I would like to know, is why don't these online stores use the USPS, who has recently offered flat rate shipping for packages up to 70Lbs?

Scuba Gear and Dive Equipment with reviews on sale

Great bunch of guys... and I believe they ship almost anything for free, over $50... (not to mention, let them know you're on Scubaboard... little extra in it for you)

EDIT: PS, I agree that buying weights locally, at your LDS will probably be cheaper. The cost of shipping/handling may be built into some of the weight costs online.

I can't answer the question about shipping USPS. However, just looking at 1 online source it is cheaper for me to purchase weights at my LDS than it is to get them from that online source, even before shipping comes into play. Are you looking at that much of a price difference that you were considering buying weights online?

You think S&H is actually what it costs them to ship? If they charge you a flat UPS rate, how can they gouge you for a couple extra bucks? :eyebrow:

You think S&H is actually what it costs them to ship? If they charge you a flat UPS rate, how can they gouge you for a couple extra bucks? :eyebrow:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. The consumer really has no idea what kind of rates someone like that is paying for shipping, so it's really easy for them to mark it up.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom