Best DIVE options in Miami, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USVet96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone:

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, but I figured this would be a high vis area.

I live in Miami and was wondering what my options are to keep diving here. I know I am an hour from Key Largo but with traffic getting to and from it's kind of a pain. I'd like to find a local outfit that is worth exploring.

Where are the best places to go, and who are the best charters locally to Miami to use?

And if anybody is looking for a dive buddy that plans to dive in, or lives in, Miami let me know.

Thanks in advance

USVet

Shark

Yeah I know where the "appropriate" place to put it is; the problem is that if you do not spend too much time on here it is hard to navigate to the right forum area to view and answer questions of this nature.

Plus I am looking more specifically in the Miami area.

Anyway, I am actually in Kendall. I recently got certed and have done boat dives. Mostly rec stuff for me. In the process of scheduling classes for further development but want to dive along the way and in between classes.

However, not opposed to shore diving. Just haven't done PADILLA shore yet lol

It's a drive in the other direction, but I found the diving off Boynton to be much better than what I experienced out of Key Largo.

I have used RJ's boat before and had an awesome experience.

I will check them out, thanks.

To be honest Shark, I haven't done ALOT of civ rec diving. I'm certed now and getting into it full swing now. I have a feeling I am going to enjoy wreck, and not necessarily deep. I did ALOT of reef and get a little bored lol.

Boynton and palm beach are awsome boat dive areas, clear water from the gulf stream, and the dives are all lazy boy/drift dives since the boat has to follow your marker from the current moving so fast. Lauderdale by the sea is the notorious shore dive area and Blue Heron bridge also

Back
Top Bottom