Buddy check in scandinavian languages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChristL

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone knows what to say to remember buddycheck in norwegian/ danish / swedish???

Like in english Blue Whales Really Are Fat/Blonde Women Really Are Fun or my favorite: Bush Will Ruin America Forever:)

What does BWRAF stand for? I have yet to hear of this. O.O

In the Danish PADI manual, it says: "Vandet Boelger Let Henover Os"
This corresponds to BCD (Vest), Lead (Bly), Air (Luft), Quick releases (Hurtigspaender) and OK (OK) :)

Hoody doody boody doody froody

Or if you know how to dive

Hello

OK

Just about every Swed, Norwegian, Dane and most Fins and Germans I have met are fluent in English, written and spoken. But, the accent might be a bit tough. In fact my wife;'s distant cousins daughter and son were fluent in German, English, French, and the daughter was taking Russian, both before they were finished with secondary (High) school.

Now if most Americans could also be fluent in English written and spoken.

I newer understood why anyone should try to learn letters and funny how to remember the letters
when the original meaning of the letters are long gone and forgotten
and newer really explained in deep..
it is one of those, waste my time things..
just forget about the stupid letters,
and focus on your check of your own and your buddy's equipment and its use instead,
it is not that difficult to remembet to check the important items,
and it does not matter if you speak russian or english or danish for that matter,
just check the darn stuff you use, or stay home.

g1138 ... really ? :confused:

check BCD, Weights, Releases, Air, Final Check ...

Bangkok Women Really Are Fellas .. :D

Thank you, and yes really. I was never taught the acronym. I was taught to start with the tank then work your way around. Checking the inflator/dumps, then the regs (while looking at the gauge), make sure the computers on, then making sure all clips were in, and finally checking for weights, mask, and fins.

General lesson for buddy checks were make a list, develop a habit, then keep with that habit.

It covers the same things just w/o the pneumonics :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom