Atomic Titanium Dive Knife & XCEL hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was on the dive boat Conception (Truth Aquatics; Santa Barbara, California) on July 30, 2011. A few people had their gear go wandering between dives but managed to get their items back. Sadly my knife and hood were taken after the last dive and were not returned, even after the boat captain made two announcements asking people to double check their gear bags. I placed the knife inside the hood and then put them with my wetsuit on top of my gear bag. Someone would have had to dig through my pile of gear to "accidentally" pick up my hood and not notice that their was a knife in it. I've checked with the boat and neither item has been returned. If you dive on any of the Truth Aquatics boats I suggest you keep a close eye on your valuables. BTW, both my hood and knife are marked with my initials (I.S.) for what it's worth. I'm new to diving and was hoping that divers had better manners than that.

Born with genes, leave in a suit, quality is dependent

Born with genes, leave in a suit, quality is dependent

As a biochemist I really love that quote, but sadly, it still leaves me without a knife and hood. :idk: You did manage to make me smile; thanks. :wink:

that sucks! Sorry for your loss. Please don't think that the diving population is mostly like that. Again, sad to hear that.

Back
Top Bottom