missing the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Couldnt dive last weekend because the wife's mom was in town.
Couldnt dive thisweekend because the reg is in service.

I just draped an SPG around my shoulders and cook diner.
Try it, it helps, and subconciously it feels like your diving.
I check the PSI occasionally...see if a storm is coming...

I just observe people in their daily activities, like at a grocery store or shopping mall. It's not unlike a reef with a little imagination. Busy people rushing about, people standing at cash registers or merchandise booths like gobys or shrimp in their lairs. Schools of kids cruising by, and the ever present mate attracting behaviors. Not shown to me, of course, sitting alone on a bench by the Starbucks with mask and fins on...

I injured my back on Wednesday morning (actually, I think the original injury happened passing SnowBear’s tank/pony to NWGratefulDiver while unloading Uncle Pug on Tuesday – so I’m suing everybody!:D) and I’ve been down ever since. Looks like I won’t hit the water again for another week. AUGGGH!!! In the mean time, I’ve read about 1000 posts on Scuba Board. The board gets real quiet on Saturday ‘cause everyone else is out diving, while here I am, propped up with pillows, sucking down muscle relaxers and steroids and vicodine, watching bad TV and reading posts. How pathetic!

That sucks that you hurt your back. How bad? Any idea how long you'll be laid up? I know how you feel. I've been laid up since the beginning of June. Hope to get wet again no later then January. I had to get mine repaired but I'm doing great. I've watched so much daytime TV I miss work!

Good luck and get wet soon!

Joe

Rick Inman once bubbled...
I injured my back on Wednesday morning (actually, I think the original injury happened passing SnowBear’s tank/pony to NWGratefulDiver while unloading Uncle Pug on Tuesday – so I’m suing everybody!:D) and I’ve been down ever since. Looks like I won’t hit the water again for another week. AUGGGH!!! In the mean time, I’ve read about 1000 posts on Scuba Board. The board gets real quiet on Saturday ‘cause everyone else is out diving, while here I am, propped up with pillows, sucking down muscle relaxers and steroids and vicodine, watching bad TV and reading posts. How pathetic!
Good thing I didn't ship my doubles down, eh!?!?!
Sorry about that :(

Snowbear once bubbled...

Good thing I didn't ship my doubles down, eh!?!?!
Sorry about that :(

My fault. I know what to lift and what not to and broke my own rules (couldn't be EGO, could it???). I'm getting better every day and expect to be back in the water in about a week.
At least I didn't climb over some 8 foot barbed-wire fence like some crazy people - But I won't mention NWGratefulDiver's name...

Back
Top Bottom