Fin Memory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Registered
Reaction score
I have some wicked Fin memory - I have tried storing them differently but end up with various tip and body bends. Fins are ~9 months old with ~sixty dives and are always stored inside in my dive bag. Is this a feature or a bad batch?

One.jpgTwo.jpg

Last edited:
My Jets will go like that, but only if I store them so they're bent - and then they straighten out after a while of being left unbent

I have the same fins...Just leave them in a warm place [not direct sun light] w/weights/books whatever on them in whatever shape you want for a day or two and they'll form up......

If you are looking for fins made from something but cheap plastic and rubber there really is only one option to alleviate your issues.

And what would that be?

I have no issues with other fins I own - Apollo Bio Fins for example do not exhibit memory. There appears to be a lack of elastic/return to form. I will take some video in the next few days.

Yeah...start peeling off those hundred dollar bills.:shocked2:

I have some wicked Fin memory - I have tried storing them differently but end up with various tip and body bends. Fins are ~9 months old with ~sixty dives and are always stored inside in my dive bag. Is this a feature or a bad batch?

View attachment 100403View attachment 100404

Mine do that to. But - I sit them in the cockpit of the boat in the sun and by the time we get to the dive site, they are usually OK. I started storing them flat so they dont exhibit the memory as much -

I do love these fins!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom