How much you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunnydiver

Reaction score
For the first time I am going next year March to the Red Sea and do liveaboard. I can't wait to be there!! I will stay 10 days in Egypt and 7 days onboard.
This means that I can dive the whole day long, no hassle of reviling my bottle, because this will be done at board. Better then my trip to Malta, drive back everytime to town to revil :(

With this situation I imagine to dive as much as possible, like 5 or 6 dive’s a day. But what would be advisable? I know the dive tables and I will dive only with air. Butsomehow it doesn't seems good to dive this much in one day for 7 days long ??

sunnydiver once bubbled...
For the first time I am going next year March to the Red Sea and do liveaboard. I can't wait to be there!! I will stay 10 days in Egypt and 7 days onboard.
This means that I can dive the whole day long, no hassle of reviling my bottle, because this will be done at board. Better then my trip to Malta, drive back everytime to town to revil :(

With this situation I imagine to dive as much as possible, like 5 or 6 dive’s a day. But what would be advisable? I know the dive tables and I will dive only with air. Butsomehow it doesn't seems good to dive this much in one day for 7 days long ??

I wouldn't just wait 24 hrs. but maybe wait at least 36 hrs. to fly after your last dive. HAVE FUN, I'm jealous.

sunnydiver once bubbled...

Lots of people get bent on these kinds of trips. On a typical day diving I avoid more than 3 a day. On a liveaboard I might do 4 a day. Early morning, noon, late afternoon and after dark.

In any case if you're going to dive aggressively then you need to be extra alert for the risk factors associated with DCS. It's a good idea to:

-very carefully monitor your ascent rates, if you make a fast ascent, skip the next dive. Make all your ascents along a line if you can and go dead SLOOOOOWWW once you're in the top 30 ft.

- make longer safety stops. 10 min isn't rediculous when you're diving a lot. Be prepared to use part of your 500psi reserve to extend your safety stop if necessary. It's much more important to make longer safety stops than to surface with your reserve intact.

- use Nitrox but dive it on the air tables. (watch our for maximum depth)

- Alternatively some liveaboards hang Nitrox over the side for safety stops. If you're diving on air you can consider using the Nitrox for the safety stop if you've had a heavy dive, a fast ascent or if your computer was pinned around the NDL on a sloppy profile. Ask the crew about the rules.

- drink lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of water

- reject alcohol

- Keep work on the bottom to a minimum. If you have a heavy dive, skip the next dive.

- If you get feeling tired from so much diving then skip the next dive and rest.

- Avoid working out, especially lifting

- No freediving on sufrace intervals

- sleep lots

- make a long surface interval 24-36 hours before flying home

- keep your computer in the geen at all times.

- make every surface interval at least 2 hours.

- make a maximum of 2 dives on the 4th day.

- of course, deep first then pregressively shallower later in the day. Don't just ride your computer, think about the shape of your profile. If you make a sawtooth then skip the next dive.

R..

Thanks CincyBengalsFan and Diver0001.

Recently I got my AOWD, ofcourse you learn how to dive (!), but nobody learns you for how to dive in these beautiful circumstances.
If you follow the RDP (or a computer), then it looks like that you could go dive every time for when you surfaced with enough time.

I was aware that you have to –drink a lot- of water. Hydration is one of the main reasons why people get bent.

BTW, I ordered a computer, the main reason is to be aware of my ascent speed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom