Does anyone have some current temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JayJudge

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi, I was hoping someone could give some current temps for the St Lawrence (Rockport area wrecks) and some of the main wrecks in Lake Ontario- last year I had around 65 on the Comet and the Marsh, years before I had low 50s on most of the stuff up there (Sheboygan, etc) Any info would be much appreciated.

Well, I was on the sheboygan 2 months ago and it was 4c at depth. I would guess it would not be above 10c at depth.
In Tobermory last weekend it was between 4 and 10C at depth and as high as 20C at the surface.

Today (Aug 7)
Sheboygan - 52F at the bottom (102ft), surface is about 73 (thermocline at 70ish feet)
Marsh - 54F at bottom (82ft), same surface and thermocline
-both doable with a wetsuit I must add :D/ The Marsh was great though because if you got a little chilly just go up in the thermocline for a couple minutes and you would warm right up.

Great day on the lake - smooth as can be. Since it was my first time on Lake Ontario everyone mentioned how spoiled I was. My DM has been diving the lake for 20 years and has yet to have a weekend charter planned where the weather cooperated enough to get the boat out to the Sheboygan.

St. Lawrence - haven't been around Rockport but Cornwall/Brockville has been averaging 72-75 for the last 3 weeks. More great diving!

Went to the Gaskin (Brockville) this weekend

water temp is 75F

Awesome, thanks!! I dive a crushed neoprene drysuit, so its more about how much to wear under it...no shorts and t shirts this year, lol. Oh well, 5 years ago, had 46 on the Sheboygan, so..... Again, thanks to everyone on their info!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom