underwater housing for nikon coolpix 4500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tonio

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi to all, am looking for an underwater housing for a nikon coolpix 4500. I know that Ikelite used to do one, but it's been discontinued. I'm interested in a second hand model if available. thanks, tonio

There don't seem to be any out there, but even when there were, they were $700. For that money, you could buy a new Canon G12-the current choice of UW point and shoot connoisseurs AND the Canon housing for it. ($469+$179). If you're enamored with your 4mp Nikon, keep using it topside, but you're probably better off buying a dedicated camera/housing combo that is current and readily available for underwater. Generally, they only make the housings for a year or two because the cameras go obsolete so quickly.

Thanks Larry, I appreciate your advice. You are absolutely right - it is cheaper to buy a dedicated camera. thanks again, tonio

Personally, I use a Nimar housing and it's never failed me. What I mean by that is, it's never flooded or cracked. Although I've dropped the housing quite a few times. I enjoy having a clear housing rather than an aluminum case(it's better don't get me wrong) but I clear because I can see, just in case, if my housing floods. I DO NOT want my baby to get wet.

I've heard good things about ikelite, I'm not trying talk bobo.

and here's a picture of Pipin, idk if you know him but he's a pretty awesome diver and uses nimar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom