Hood canal Conditions ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murray

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone been diving in the Hood Canal recently. I 'm curious to find out what the vis has been like the past few days since that storm blew through earlier this last week.

Murray

Since Seattle got the most rain ever in one 24-hour period today and there are flood warnings up all over the place, I assume the vis is going to suck for a while.

Rich Hagelin

Call Hoodsport N Dive at 360-877-6818. They'll be able to tell you.

MD

Rakjar and I headed up to Sund Rock early Tuesday morning to find that the Road had been closed that night just a few miles from Hoodsport. Not sure if the road was washed out or what not, but we decided to try and salvage our day by heading up to Les Davis Marine Park in Tacoma.

The shipping area in the harbor was a light brown color. The day was looking grim indeed. As we traveled further away from the shipping yards towards Les Davis the water cleared up pretty quick.

The water was a balmy 55 deg F, 54 deg at 60 feet. Vis was about 25 feet. Anyway, that was tuesday morning.

Murray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom