New AZ diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krispykritter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone! I'am in openwater class now and will be certified on the 21st. I'll be looking for buddies to dive the lake with. If anyone wants to offer to show me around I will very greatful. I will also be trying to put together some gear so if anyone has any advice that would be great too.
I got a few dives planned for after class, I'll de going on a guided dive from LaJolla shores then in october I'll be heading for the keys. I plan on diving from Ismorelda.
Kris

Wahoooo!!! Welcome, Kritter!!!! Suntan Valley . . . Sun Valley?

Giladshay and ScubaSteve2000 are great buddies, happy to show you the ropes in the area. I'm way down here nudging the border, so I do my diving in San Carlos, MX -- It's only a little further than Phoenix.

Keep an eye on the Phoenix Craig's list.

Check with Mselanaous from here on the board - she lives down there and can tell you about the area.

Last edited:
I'm new as well, down in Tucson. Just got certified at Pleasant a few weeks ago and went on one trip to San Carlos. I'd also love to go dive up in Pleasant with some of the veteran divers who could show me around. None of my friends are very interested in exploring the lake.

I also suggest searching the local craigslist posting. I found almost all my gear for good prices that way.

Unfortunately the BC I bought is a bit too big so I'll be selling that and finding a new one soon. PM me if you're interested. Otherwise there is a lot of gear up for sale. If you have an android phone there is an app that you can set up to auto search craigslist for you. Comes in handy.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've been checking graigslist I will buy a used bc but i want to get new reg gauges and octo. The first thing I'll get is a wetsuit. I was thinking of a 5mm to start. Kinda middle of the road in protection.

krispykritter and climbak welcome to the wonderful world underwater.

I would love to dive with either of you. I have a crazy schedule but when I am available, I will dive. I live in south Gilbert so I can meet either of you along the way and we can save some gas.

Krispy, I will probably be in Key Largo in October. When are you planning to go? I think my dates are around 15 - 22 or so.

I'm getting certified in September at Lake Mohave. Did my OW course with my 10yr old son, through Desert Divers here in Tucson. I have dove before in the Puget Sound, but never got certified. This time I am getting it done.

Hopefully I'll meet some of you soon

Hi, if you are looking for a dive buddy for Lake Pleasant check out Arizona Scuba, arizonascuba.com. They are a great bunch of people and dive the lake all the time. You will always find someone to dive with almost any time. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom