Oceanic Mako Scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a22shady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am selling my Oceanic Mako scooter. It is in great condition (normal scrathes on body from being in/out of water) It runs perfect with no issues. The O-Rings were replaced last month and I also replaced the Batteries last month with 2 Powersonic 21AH batteries. The burn time on the scooter is good I have done 2 45 min dives on trigger about 35 min through whole dives running pitch 5 and had more to go on the scooter. Individual results may vary.

I have only done about 5 dives with the scooter I like it but want to sell it and save up for a tech scooter made the mistake of driving a Cuda 650 and Like the lighter weight and more Power... The guy I bought it from owned the scooter for 5 years and used it for about 10 dives, Diving the caves in Florida ( what I was told). So from what was relayed to me this scooter has some where between 15-20 dives.

I also have the Oceanic charger to go along with the scooter it too is in great working condition. Here is the link to the scooters from Oceanic:
Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba Diving Diver Propulsion Vehicle - Mako DPV

I am looking to get $1500.00 obo and prefer local pick-up. I would be willing to drive and meet within a realisitic distance.

Accoring to Taho Bench Mark:
Single Tank Max Speed -Distance Doubles (Tech Config) Max Speed - Distance
Oceanic Mako 144 - -- 1.9 130 --- 1.5

http://www.tahoebenchmark.com/pdfs/2009/2009TahoeBenchmarkV2.pdf

I didnt see an estimated Run time at Max speed but I would guess at Max speed in a single tank some where around 45~min Accoring to Oceanic they Estimate 40min on High with there 17Amp battery this scooter has the 21AH so you should get better burn time. I typically run the scooter on Speed 5 when scootering around even towing a person and have no issues running a full hour trigger time.

DSC05869.jpg

DSC05870.jpg

DSC05871.jpg

DSC05872.jpg

DSC05874.jpg

DSC05875.jpg

DSC05876.jpg

DSC05877.jpg

DSC05878.jpg

Last edited:
No it's still avilable

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/