Drysuit from eBay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
After regretting having bought a wetsuit 1,5 years ago when I started my OW class I increasingly feel the need to have it replaced by a drysuit. Reasons are both comfort in the water and easier packaging and drying before putting everything back in my trunk for the long drive home.

Considering the huge price gap between what I had paid for my Bare wetsuit and the current Bare drysuit prices I have repeatedly check eBay.
Yesterday I came up with this , Bare NEW 2011 Next Gen Scuba MED DRYSUIT LOW PRICE!! - eBay (item 360385227056 end time Aug-12-11 10:29:59 PDT), measurements and sizing chart makes it the best fitting size for me.

Some people I dive talked here in Greece old me this version has no zipper protection, and I should ask about the condition of the seals, and whether it has boots of socks and what size.
Considering it is a new latest model suit I only worry about the boot size. Nevertheless I have contacted the seller for details.

From what I read in here many divers sell and buy their suits over the internet in America, whereas in Greece everyone is "scared" fearing they will almost certainly face a case of ill fitting suit.

i dont really know what your asking :idk:

but if i had to guess, its weather the suit will fit or not. not weather you should get it of ebay.

i don't use dry suits. barely ever even need a wetsuit where i live. but my advice would be to refer to a sizing chart (which you have), and if possible stop by a LDS and fit a suit to see what size you are.

if it sounds sound like it will fit it probably will. i dont know anything about how a dry suit should fit or id theres specific thing you need to make sure of before you buy. so what im telling you is pretty much what id do for a wetsuit or other peace of clothing.

hopefully some one more experienced could help you out.

FWIW, I purchased my drysuit from a seller on Craigslist, but it's the same question. Make sure the sizing looks right for you. It's not very likely you'll be able to return it to an ebay merchant if it doesn't fit right. Your friends were right is having you ask about the seals and boots. Both can be an extra expense if they need to be replaced, or if you need to buy 'rock boots' to go with the suit. That being said, if the measurements look good, and you're satisfied with the sellers answers to your questions, go for it. If you can, have your LDS at least look at the suit after you get it and make sure there are no obvious problems.
Good luck, I love my drysuit!

The add states that the suit has "socks" which are fine for boat diving, but you will need over boots for beach diving.

If you expect to replace the seals and subtract that from the price I think you will have a good idea of what you are looking at. Also, if the suit is not that old, it is probably a good deal.

Go to the Bare web site and compair your measurements to their sizing charts. In the old days divers would order wet suits and gear from catalongs and receive it in the mail. That is no differnet than buying on eBay. Dry suits are designed to be a little baggy so that you will have an air space inside the suit where you add underwear for insullation. If you buy off the rack size of any garment, dry suit or Jeans, you run the risk of getting a bad fit. Standard sizes are not always your size.

There is no mention of an undergarments. You will have to get a dry suit undergarment to wear under this suit. It looks like a shell type dry suit and they require an undergarment.

Last edited:
I dive a Bare Nexgen and have for a long time. They are durable suits and well made. A size L fits up to a 225 lbs guy up to 6' or so. I weight 170 and am 5'8" and I could dive a medium but I dive a large NP.

Make sure the seals are good especially the zipper, and that the Feet are big enough. I wear wetsuit booties with mine about a size larger than my shoe size. So my feet are 8.5, I wear socks, 9.5 Booties and XL fins. That works for me.

This is a shell suit so long underwear is needed. I use the Bare T100 and add polypropylene long uw when needed. I can do down to 55F with the T100 and I have done to high 30's with the extra layer.

I have replaced my wrist and neck seals once 2 years back, and the suit was used when I got it.

You can attach pockets etc. if need be.

Good Luck...

Greco,

You need to confirm with the seller that he will ship to you in Greece. The ad says he will ship to continental U.S.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom