• I do nothing, I thrust the blenders mix to be ok

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I admit to have used a NITROX tank, with out analyzed it

Votes: 37 15.4%
  • I ALWAYS analyze my self

Votes: 200 83.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThomasScherrer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
please be honost..
we all know what is the correct way to do things,
here you have a way to ask for releaf and be forgiven :)

Personally, I used to just go through the motions because the mixes I was checking were always within 1 or 2% of the expected. But then I found one that was more than 10% over. This could have had some serious consequences under the circumstances.
So nowadays I ALWAYS pay careful attention.
Just once is all it takes.

but have you EVER used a Nitrox tank without analyzing it first ?
then vote correctly, and god will forgive you this one time, I promisse :)

I get banked fills, PP blended fills and do my own fills. I analyze every time regardless of who does it/where I get it. Sometimes I end up analzying a tank twice if it has been awhile since the fill - if for any reason I mistrust the contents label.

I have seen many shops where rental tanks with nitrox and air all come in the same brushed aluminum AL80s and are all filled in the same location.

A similar situation exists on a larger live-aboard dive boat that pumps both air and nitrox (or trimix for that matter), where the diver may not know exactly what is in the fill whip and/or observe the actual fill.

When either of those situaions arise, it is way too easy to get air in a nitrox tank or vice versa and personally analyzing the tank you intend to use is essential.

but have you EVER used a Nitrox tank without analyzing it first ?
then vote correctly, and god will forgive you this one time, I promisse :)

This threads leaves me believing you have something you need to confess yourself.

I have personally never dove a Nitrox tank that I did not test myself. Stakes are too high and it is way to simple to not test them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom