:) Fun question : How deep have you gone on single tank ? What's your record ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nomro

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Greetings ,

This is not a trick question or that I'm encouraging non-safe diving :) but it's fact that some have crossed the recreational 30 M limit , so what depth have you reached and how did it feel ?

Stay safe
Best Regards
Nomro

i3sx9hjpg.gif

Yeah, lets encourage moronic behavior. :shakehead:

50fathom-Where did you find that ridiculous gif?

I post on a lot of forums and grab the best image macros and reaction faces for response images. I often find it funnier to use them for a response.

I'll seriously answer your question..but if you want more info on this topic, search for 'gas management' or 'rock bottom' and you should find plenty. I have been to 130' on a 100cf tank. I did this with my wife as my buddy, who was also diving a 100cf tank. I point this out because we dive together often, used the rule of thirds for depth and are practiced sharing gas with each other (and dive a long hose). The dive felt great and normal, because we worked our way to this depth and felt confident about the dive. Saw a couple of goliath grouper hanging out around the massive rudder on the Vandenburg.

I think you should have phrased the question differently and avoided using "fun" and "record". Also, the recreational limit in many places is considered 40m.

To answer the question... I've been to 130 ft (~40m) with an Al80 on the Spiegel Grove when it was laying on its side. I was only at that depth for a brief period, though. I felt fine on the dives and completed them all safely with air to spare, but I was probably narc'd to some degree.

Many people will argue that even that is too deep for a single Al80. If there's something deep you want to see get the proper training and equipment. Don't be stupid and try to bounce to it for a minute.

I've been to 147ft on an AL80, I felt fine because I didn't know any better.

Back
Top Bottom