Anyone using the Pegasus Thruster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doubler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The wife and I are interested in purchasing a Pegasus Thruster but before I do I would appreciate feedback from current owners. They appear to be photographer friendly, are they. Could the primary user tow a second diver.

The wife and I are interested in purchasing a Pegasus Thruster but before I do I would appreciate feedback from current owners. They appear to be photographer friendly, are they. Could the primary user tow a second diver.

I dont have one, but they took them to the digital shootout this year The Digital Shootout Underwater Imaging Workshop - Underwater Photography, Videography, Scuba Diving Trips The guys at backscatter used them so if no one else speaks up it might be worth giving those guys a call.

I don't own one, but have tried one out, and worked with a dive group that brought several to the last wreck racing league event in Pompano Beach. For hands free, i think they are the only game in town, and quality seems to be high.

I'm not sure about towing two divers for any distance though, and it may be awkward finding a good position for the two of you, I haven't tried that out. Battery seems to about as advertised if you are not on the trigger all the time with tropical single tank configurations. Speed is about the same as the middle speed on my Apollo so I'm sure it will pull two people, but battery may be very short if you do.Keep in mind that you can change a battery out underwater with these and I think the kits come with a spare, so battery life may not be a big deal, especialy if you stop to take pictures much of the time.

Good luck, let me know if you have any more specific questions.

I dont think any scooter designed for one person is a good or enjoyable solution for 2 people. Part of the fun is the freedom to fly around and that disappears with two people, and the utility of getting somewhere quickly is also degraded with two.

Mike V just sent me this link from the wreck racing, and you can see quite a few riders using a Pegasus thrusters, ‪2011 Gold Coast Underwater Grand Prix Full Length Highlights‬‏ - YouTube

Ignore the divers going faster, they are riding technical scooters designed to tow large loads and fight strong currents so they are better suited to going fast for racing.

I am in that video, the guy with the blue and silver Farallon. Race was fun, but don't try to get too much out of that as far as research. The very fast DPV's are going close to 300fps (top speed) but a comfortable riding speed is about half that. A thurster is fast enough to make you feel like you are flying. Ben makes a good point about trying to use one scooter for two people, we do it now and again to help out a tired swimmer, but it would not make for a fun dive. If your dive wife dosn't need her hands free, you might consider a used Apollo or Mako for under $1000 used for her. They are a bit stronger and are better suited for towing a dive flag or fighting current if you get in a bind.

hey,am karam from lebanon i just want to know some info about the pegasus thruster..price ,place and promotion
looking forward for your reply
thanku,

Back
Top Bottom