HD Video System with Lights, WA Lens, Case, rated to 450'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
This is a complete Underwater HD Video camera system with HD camera, wide angle lens, housing, HID lighting system, case, everything. I am selling this for a friend, but I am a professional videographer and I have shot many times on this camera system (include the trimix class example below) and this system is a dream. Just the right size, incredibly solid and fantastic quality HD 1080i video. This is no toy. This is a high level system that will produce professional industry quality results, but priced for the average diver. Use all the manual settings, or run the thing in auto and just point and shoot (in fact, both video examples below were shot in auto mode).

Everything works perfectly like the day it was purchased. There are some minor scratches on the housing from normal use, and one scratch in the WA lens that does NOT show in the video footage (look for it in the examples and you'll not see any imperfections). Absolutely NO LEAKS in the housing or the lighting system. Never have been any. And when you see how hearty this system is, you'll know why. Really, like the literature says, it's bullet proof.

With the case and everything, this system retailed for about $7000.00. But the owner has had a major lifestyle change and doesn't want it to go unused. Heck, at this price for this quality, I'd buy it, except video production is my job and I dive to get AWAY from my work! :)

Priced for quick sale at just $2800. PayPal preferred, and I'll eat the fee.

The camera: 1/3" ClearVid CMOS Sensor provides stunning detail and clarity with exceptional video (1080 lines of resolution - HD Mode or 530 lines of horizontal resolution - SD Mode) and still image performance (4.0 Megapixel). Unlike traditional CCD Imagers, CMOS Sensors require less power, providing better battery performance.

The Housing: The housing is constructed of bulletproof aluminum, an anodized and urethane sealed finish with stainless steel positive locking safety latches for strength and durability. The housing provides total control of camera functions with reliable mechanical controls, crystal-clear optics and internal color correcting flip filter. The camera LCD is easy to see from wide viewing angles through the giant 2 x 3" (51 x 76 mm) window, even in bright daylight. Gates premium line of distortion-free ports provides the clearest, sharpest images possible a no-compromises requisite for any HD endeavor.

The lighting system: NiteRider™ HID Pro 20 Features Dual 10w HID light heads – 20w combined – equivalent to 80w halogen. 4 Amp-hour NiMH battery pack with Extended 1.9 hr burn time. Big 90° beam angle and Daylight-balanced 6000°K color temperature. Diffused lens for even beam spread.

The Lens: The Gates Fathom Signature WP25 wide angle affords a very broad field of view with a large depth of field. For example, large animals or big reef scenes can be captured with sharp focus on both near and far subjects.

Here are some links to more info (or google it yourself like I did), some pictures of what you'll get and a link to more on photo bucket, and 2 links to video that were shot by me. These are the only two examples I have, so they are just average and were just shot for fun. Everything was shot in auto mode.

CAMERA Sony HD VIDEO CAMERA HDR-HC3 HDV 1080i: New $1400
Link to info: HDR-HC3 | REFURBISHED - HDR-HC3 HDV 1080i Handycam® Camcorder | Sony | Sony Store USA

HOUSING GATES HC3 High Definition Underwater Video Housing: New $2125.
Link to info:
GATES HC3 High Definition Underwater Video Housing for Sony HC3 Camera

LENS GATES WP25 Fathom Imaging Wide Angle Port: New $999.
Link to info:
Gates WP25 Fathom "Signature" 80-degree Wide-Angle Port

LIGHTS NiteRider HID Pro 20 Light Pak (w/ battery Bracket): New $1715
Link to info:
Gates / NiteRider HID Pro 20 Light Pak (w/ battery Bracket)

VIDEO EXAMPLE 200' Class dive, LOW VIS, Dirty water, black dark at depth (this video was down-rendered to standard def):
200' Class Dive on Vimeo

VIDEO EXAMPLE Coronado Islands 15' Vis: La Jolla Dive utb.mpg - YouTube

Photo Bucket: HDR-HC3 HDV 1080i pictures by inmans - Photobucket

PM me or email rickinmanvideo@gmail.com

Attachments

• Cam 09.jpg
    Cam 09.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Cam 06.jpg
    Cam 06.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Cam 05.jpg