LBTS/Palm Beach & Keys Accomodations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weaver9710

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Planning a 7 night September trip. Flying into West Palm Beach. Planning on a split stay between LBTS/Palm Beach area and upper Keys. I will dive 4 days. I would like to dive with Jupiter Dive Center and Conch Republic. Traveling with a non-diver/sometimes snorkeler.

LBTS/Palm Beach - Definitely want to stay at a resort on a nice beach. Currently looking at Lago Mar. I would like to stay at a similar place but closer to Jupiter Dive Center, if possible. We are drinkers so I want to stay at a place with a nice beach bar and not ridiculously priced drinks. Lago Mar prices are high but not ridiculous like the Breakers. Any recommendations? Looking for big marine life so that is why I'm set on Jupiter. Would I get this in LBTS area?

Upper Keys - Plan on diving with Conch Republic or another Key Largo operator. Looking for a place to stay that is close to a lot of activity (bars, restaurants...). When not diving, we will be hanging out at a waterfront bar so ideally I would like a hotel very close to fun bars. Something around $150/night. I've looked at a few in Islamorado. Any recommendations? I've also looked at Hawk's Cay Resort, but that would mean diving with them (which I've read very good reviews about). Is the diving here comparable to Key Largo?

Lastly, I would like to take my gf on a snorkel charter. She will probably tag along on the dive boat on one trip but I would like to take her on a separate charter. What is a good one in the Keys?

Thanks!!!

Planning a 7 night September trip. Flying into West Palm Beach. Planning on a split stay between LBTS/Palm Beach area and upper Keys. I will dive 4 days. I would like to dive with Jupiter Dive Center and Conch Republic. Traveling with a non-diver/sometimes snorkeler.

LBTS/Palm Beach - Definitely want to stay at a resort on a nice beach. Currently looking at Lago Mar. I would like to stay at a similar place but closer to Jupiter Dive Center, if possible. We are drinkers so I want to stay at a place with a nice beach bar and not ridiculously priced drinks. Lago Mar prices are high but not ridiculous like the Breakers. Any recommendations? Looking for big marine life so that is why I'm set on Jupiter. Would I get this in LBTS area?

We love LBTS and have spend a month there with some side trips. Shore diving is good, and the price is right.

Jupiter is definitely some of the best diving FL has to offer, but it is deeper. I would plan on Nitrox if your certified and that will increase the Dive Time to 45minutes. The profile is flat so that does NOT help for more BT. Big critters, most likely this is your best shot at seeing sharks, turtles, and big life in general.

Upper Keys - Plan on diving with Conch Republic or another Key Largo operator. Looking for a place to stay that is close to a lot of activity (bars, restaurants...). When not diving, we will be hanging out at a waterfront bar so ideally I would like a hotel very close to fun bars. Something around $150/night. I've looked at a few in Islamorado. Any recommendations? I've also looked at Hawk's Cay Resort, but that would mean diving with them (which I've read very good reviews about). Is the diving here comparable to Key Largo?
I like the N. diving but the more interesting Bars maybe farther south.

I also like Conch republic, but there is a butte load of good diving Ops.

We have stayed at Ocean Point (Tavernier), and Casa del Mar in Largo (mm 100).

You can dive in Largo and stay farther south.

It's all good.

Lastly, I would like to take my gf on a snorkel charter. She will probably tag along on the dive boat on one trip but I would like to take her on a separate charter. What is a good one in the Keys?

Thanks!!!

I think Rainbow Reef has good snorkel charters, but I'm not much of a snorkeling Guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom