For Sale: Canon Powershot Underwater housing - US$140

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NiallVine

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi

My Canon Powershot A610's LCD screen has given up the ghost and i've been told that it'll be too expensive to repair. Damn :(

I have the underwater housing for the camera, a Canon WP-DC90 which is in excellent condition with no scratches etc. The housing is of no use to me without the camera so i'm wanting to sell it. It is the most ideal setup for someone just wanting to take simple pictures underwater. No fancy zooms, strobes etc. Attached are some pics I have taken using it - I really am a point and click type of photographer and you can see what kind of pics the housing allows the camera to produce. THe housing is rated down to 40m.

I just checked on Amazon and they go for US$168.79 so thought that I'd put mine out for offer at US$140. THis would exclude shipping/insurance from South Africa but if you are genuinely interested I can find out what it would cost to get it to you and am negotiable to a degree :wink:

If any is serious about buying I can post/email pics of the actual housing itself if necessary.

regards
Niall

Attachments

• IMG_4134.jpg
    IMG_4134.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3739.jpg
    IMG_3739.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2613.jpg
    IMG_2613.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2648.jpg
    IMG_2648.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 47
I managed to flood my A620 a couple of years ago and replaced it inexpensively on eBay. Have been very happy with the used camera.
Just thinking alternatives for you if you enjoyed the camera and housing as much as I do...

You could sell your broken camera for parts, too.

Thanks Pelagicsal.

i took your advice and had a look for a second hand camera unit on ebay. If i win the auction I'll have a complete camera and housing unit again, something which i'm happy with.

cheers
Niall

Oh! Hurray! I hope you get set up soon and are as happy as I've been.
Remember, both the 610 and 620 fit the housing. I've not used a 610, but I might if I needed to replace and couldn't find the 620...

HI NoamRZ

sorry but i managed to get the camera for the housing and so no longer need to sell it.

good luck in your hunting quest!

regards
Niall

Niall,
How's the "new" camera worked out for you? Post a sample?
Salud-
Sallye

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom