Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PAShark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In February 2012, four of us are going to the Maldives for 10 days on a liveaboard. After that two of us want to do a little more diving at a land based resort. The prime requisite is a good house reef. We'd like nice accomodations but they don't have to be five star; price is a consideration. I'm guessing the more reasonably priced ones would be closer to Male so we didn't have an expensive connection to it. But what do I know. Any suggestions? We're probably looking for about another five days to dive.

Try Bandos Island resort, close to Male and not too expensive.
Some nice dive sites in the vicinity, Okobe thila, HP Reef, Lankan Finolhu (mantapoint), Nassimo Thila, Banana reef, and a reasonable house reef.

We've chosen to stay at Bandos when we end the Carpe Vita. :) I've read good things about the resort and it does look close to Male for transfers.

second Bandos. its only 15 mins or so from Male by speedboat. good dive shop and good diving. i also like that its a largish island so you get a bit more space. decent house reef for snorkeling as well. enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom