Diving in provincial parks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcarter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any of the provincial parks diving friendly? I am looking to book some camping time week after next and thought it might be nice to kill two with one stone. I am in Ottawa, but would consider a good drive.

There is a Wall Dive in Bon Echo - you need to register with the Administration & show your cert card. Dive Flag required. It is rumoured to be deep and dark.

Well, you could camp at the provincial park next to Tobermory and dive.

Well, you could camp at the provincial park next to Tobermory and dive.

That's my plan for NEXT summer :D

I have been debating that. My wife and I spent 2 1/2 weeks at Cyprus Lake on our honeymoon 20 years ago, went back about 5 years ago, loved it both times. Of course, I wasn't diving then. What are the deer flies like right now?

*Edit*

Meant to quote - was in reference to the Tobermory suggestion.

There is a Wall Dive in Bon Echo - you need to register with the Administration & show your cert card. Dive Flag required. It is rumoured to be deep and dark.

Not quite there yet - I like a hard bottom. I am not comfortable enough with my bouyancy skills yet.

They are not terrible this summer, I was not bitten the entire weekend about 3 weeks ago. The mosquitoes are brutal though.

They are not terrible this summer, I was not bitten the entire weekend about 3 weeks ago. The mosquitoes are brutal though.

I grew up in Labrador. Mosquitos and black flies I can deal with. It is those damn deer flies I detest. I have a picture I took of my wife on Flower Pot. The whole back of her red jacket was black, covered with deer flies.

So the deed is done. I've booked some time at Tobermory Village Campground for next week, should give my son and I 3 days diving before we hook the trailer back up and move down to Earl Rowe and do some day jaunts into TO.

My daughter insists she needs her coaster fix - I still can't believe those two talked me into doing Behemoth when it opened - I thought I had sworn off of coasters after they had dragged me onto Goliath at La Ronde. They are both keen to try the new WindSeeker ride as well. Not Dad, not this time.

Picking up some tanks Friday, bought them used from the LDS today for a great deal, came with fill cards for the value of the tanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom