did you ever?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

j yaeger

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
did you ever have just one of those everything went perfect days?????
super sunny flat a$$ calm day
viz sucked...as usual in an adirondack lake
finding old bottles and such...having a super time!!!!!!!
time to come up...nav. to the boat...see something sticking up from muck...

we just finished our glasses of hennesey cognac that had been down there forever un opened!!!
perfect find for a perfect day!
...sometimes this diving gig goes beyond expectations!!!

have fun!
yaeg

Oh, finding cognac still intact -- what a way to end a dive!

The ideal serving temperature for cognac (trying to sound like a connoisseur) is 19˚ C. I'll bet you had to warm it up a little to get there.

Hmmm In our area lakes, the only things I have found unopened were a 20 oz. Bud lite and a Mountain Dew.

Yes, today was that day for me. I was conducting deep open water training dives for a master diver candidate in a local lake. Temps 90s F on land, 40s at depth, viz 15 feet. We had the place (Applegate Lake, OR) seemingly to ourselves, and the surface was utterly quiet and still. There was a bass fishing competition going on but the only clue to that was a service boat going out and back over us repeatedly as all the fishermen were farther down the lake.

It's mostly due to my student's prowess that everything went well (okay, I'll admit to also being her OWD instructor). But as I drove back from the lake I was as pleased and as eager to dive again with students as I've ever been. Not every candidate does as well the first time out.

-Bryan

I have had hundreds of great dives, but none has the climax of discovery to equal your find. The closest thing was finding a mask dropped earlier in the day, and finding a lost fin 2 days after it was lost. I hope you took appropriate photos and had a good feature story on your escapade in the local paper!
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom