Light and Motion Bluefin HC7 package incl. camcorder and lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rramaley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is a repost: still looking to sell, ideally as a full package. All reasonable offers will be considered.

For sale:

Complete underwater HD video package:

• Light and Motion Bluefin Pro HC7 housing – (Price when new - $3,799). Here is a promo video highlighting all of the features Light & Motion Bluefin HC7 Marketing Video - YouTube
• Light and Motion 2.5” remote monitor with camera mount, connecting cord and US charger (Price when new - $1799) – This monitor has a 2.5 display screen and the ability to control the camera and see the footage from a distance – add a longer umbilical cord (not included) and you could record shy critters from 50 ft away, still controlling zoom, focus, and other controls – this is a rare find as Light and Motion doesn’t make these any more for their housings. This is a picture of the monitor: http://www.marinefilm.org/bin/minihome/upl...00;인.jpg
• Sony HDR HC7 camera – US version – (List price $1,300). Seriously one of the best cameras I’ve ever seen with respect to recording quality and underwater white balancing. Comes with charger, fire wire adapters for Apple or PC computers, and other associated cables.
• Fathom 90 wide angle lens (List price - $900)
• 2x Light and Motion Sunray 1000 video lights, 2x underwater battery pods and 2 batters for Light and Motion Housing with US charger (List price $2,499)
• 2x spare batteries for video lights with and extra US charger (List price $200)
• Pelican 1520 carrying case with customized foam cutouts (List price $225)
• Set of spare O-Rings for housing and handles, O-ring grease (List price - $32)
• 6x Mini HD tape cassettes – (List price $50)
• Large Sony Lithium NP-FH100 battery for camcorder – (List price $150)

All in all, these items when purchased new totaled over US$11,000. The equipment is 3 years old or less and has been well taken care of. The camera has just been serviced by Sony and I had the tape mechanism fully replaced so it is as good as new. The only thing which is not functioning is the underwater microphone on the housing, which means that if you film in the housing above water, you won’t get any sound, though it still picks up some sound underwater – you can still hear bubbles…. I have always put music over the top of my videos anyway so does it really matter?

I love this setup but, as I have just bought a new full video setup, I need to sell this one!! Why did I buy a new one if the old one is so good? The tape mechanism failed in the camera right before we went on a once in a lifetime trip – as the repair was to take a month, the only way I could take video on our trip was to buy a new setup. The repair on the HC7 is now done and its as good as new but I need to sell it to help pay off the credit card bill from the purchase of the new one!

To get a brand new L&M housing and appropriate top of the line HD camera with video lights and the Fathom 90 lens, it will cost you about US$10,000 plus a little more for the extras. I’ve learned from experience that there are pluses and minuses to both setups. For example the new housings have a one button-push manual white balance which is nice (you have to press 4 buttons on the side of the camera on the HC7 housing) but there are also drawbacks – for example if the LED screen fails on the new housing, you can’t use the camera without replacing the back – that can get expensive – with the HC7, you still have the eye-hole on the back of the camera. The HC7 also has the zebra function which for some reason the newer Sony's don't have - this is great for checking that your exposure underwater is good and there are no areas of overexposure.

This video (see link) was the most recent video I shot with the HC7 at the beginning of April 2011 - Cuttlefish - YouTube - this was at approximately 60ft (20M) in Sydney during a weekend with excellent visibility. This was in natural light – I didn’t have my lights with me on this dive. It also gives you a sense of the sound underwater even without the housing mic working…

I’m willing to consider all reasonable offers. Please let me know if you have any other questions. The equipment is with me in Sydney, but I will ship anywhere.

HC7 video package 2.jpg

Hi I woul dbe interested in the fathom 90 lens alone but have a few questions.
Are there different types of fathom 90 lenses? Or just one?
I have a bluefin pro OLED L& Housing with a Canon XA10 camera - would this fit do you know?
Please advise a price for the lens alone and cost of shipping to Perth n Western Australia
Many thanks
Nigel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom