New Wisdom 2 9125 - display questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjeff1

Registered
Reaction score
So I've just bought a Wisdom 2 model 9125. I've had one dive and have a few questions with how it displays data.

On the LAST or LOG screen, it shows the stats for my previous dive as follows:
time start - 3:29
time end - 4:28
dive time - 54 minutes

- Ending dive time minus start dive time equals 59 minutes. But the wisdom says dive time is 54 minutes. Why the discrepancy?

- On this same LAST screen, all 5 ASC elements are blinking, what is the meaning of this? The manual mentions nothing about ASC lights on the LAST display.

The other issue I had is with the temperature. I connected the wisdom to my PC and downloaded the data. Looking at the dive details, which shows the sampled data every 15 seconds of my dive, I see my lowest temperature is 67 degrees. Yet the LAST display shows the lowest temperature of 63.

My last issue also has to due with temperature, bare with me, I don't know a shorter way of describing this, I seem to have a delay in the temperature measurements. Air temp was 83 degrees, my buddy and I spent several minutes, lets say 3, standing in chest deep water adjusting masks and whatnot, before descending. So at this point, I'd think the computer would have had enough time to cool off from sitting in the water. Water temp was 79 degrees today (from NOAA), but the start of our dive measured temp was 81. NOAA wasn't measuring temperature where I dove, so that difference is very possible, and 2 degrees is too small to worry about. Going on... 10 minutes in we were at a depth of 36 feet. Thermocline was at 31 feet, and the water temp at 36 was noticeably colder than 30 feet. We stayed below 33 feet for 3 minutes, enough time I would think to measure the actual water temp. But the wisdom still showed temp as 71. The low temp of 67 wasn't reached until 3 minutes later, at a depth of 28 feet. The 3 minute delay seems a little excessive, but whatever happened to 63 degrees and the thermocline? I've attached a picture with temperatures marked.

wistemp.jpg

Even with these problems, which are pretty minor, I'm still quite happy with the unit.

I think you lost a little time when you were above 5ft. They always had a bad time with the temp made be a firmware update may help which they don't have but need to make. And the all 5 ASC I think at one point in your dive you ascended to fast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom