Tips for beach diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the article. Good read

A good plan for conditions encountered off of your local dive zones at Laguna.

Shore diving is infinitely variable, much more-so than would be shown here. You could write a book.

Bikini dive-babe photos are applicable at on any such website. :crafty:

So many fond memories of Laguna Beach Diving (so many steps to climb). Nice article.
...when I moved back to FL, I was still finding SoCal sand in the crevices of my gear for months. :D

So many fond memories of Laguna Beach Diving (so many steps to climb). Nice article.
...when I moved back to FL, I think I was still finding SoCal sand in the crevices of my gear for months. :D

:shocked2: At least it was only in the crevices of your gear! :giggle:

Another thing that works very well for a shore diving is a smaller tank. Most shore dives are shallow so you do not need as much air and a smaller tank is easier to walk with especially if you are going over rocks or stairs are involved. Also going through the surf and swimming on the surface are easier too. I use a 30 cu/ft tank for many dives like this.

That's a great point Rich and I agree. My favorite beach diving tank is a HP 65. In the winter I usually get cold before I get low on air. I was thinking of including that in the article but I found that a lot of people still want as much air as they can carry if they are going to go thru the efforts of doing a beach entry.

Is it bad that I didn't read the article and just looked at the pictures?

Yes, shore diving I mean, nice article.

I think a smaller tank is a good idea. One thing that makes beach diving hard is carrying the monster to the beach and back. I notice a number of people using smaller tanks, so I think I will get myself an HP80. My current tanks are HP100.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom