How long is your Surface Interval?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tcbc8222

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Had planned a dive for the weekend. Unfortunately work has raised its ugly head and now I must reschedule. This is something that I don't want to become habit forming.

I was up to a 2 week surface interval. Now it will be 3 weeks.

Is that too long? I might have to look for a new job if this keeps happening!:no:

How long is your surface interval?

I like that. That's not too bad IMO. As long as you are not completely abandoning the sport while away. I like to read THiS forum, books, and mags while away to at least stay in the know some what.

I do try to get in the water at least every 2 weeks min, but I think 3 is the MAX for me. Any longer than that for me really is just ME being lazy.

Stop talking about it mate and get diving lol.

Usually under 1 week. Rarely exceeds 2 weeks but since I'm still a new diver ( < 6 months) this may change eventually.

From spring to early winter, I attempt to dive one day every weekend. In the winter, I may go two to three months depending when my southern destination dive trips are scheduled. This being said, I will also attempt to squeeze one to two ice dives during the winter season as well. Even with such an interval I do not consider myself rusty except that I will always follow the crawl, walk run philosophy when I resume regular diving and start with easy and simple dives.

Less than one week. I get to go tomorrow! Would have only been a few days but damn obligations. I love my non-diving friends and the camping trip was good, but really.. they just don't get that yes I am perfectly content not seeing them until winter :)

Grr havent been in since middle of June; going crazy. But the month in the red sea in September will make up for hopefully! Ill have to start caving or something here being landlocked for so long :/

Summer at home up North and Southern winter trips: 1 week, 2 maximum. Winter at home: 2 weeks normal, 3 max.

It's always too long, isn't it? I'm up to about a month and a half now... longest since my cert, I believe.

Two days now . . . but I think the longest I have been out of the water since I got certified was four weeks. That was when I broke my face, and couldn't risk any pressure changes in my sinuses. I actually went back in the water earlier than one of my doctors wanted me to, but the other doctor (me) thought it was fine :)

When I've been out of the water for several weeks (which has happened occasionally) I always feel awkward for the first ten or fifteen minutes in the water, and then it comes back.

Back
Top Bottom