Best Florida Shore Dive Guides

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a copy of Ned Deloach's latest book. I would like recommendations for other shore diving guides for SE Florida, roughly Vero Beach to Miami. Ned's book is very comprehensive, but a bit weak on maps of specific sites. Any other good books out there?

I have a copy of Ned Deloach's latest book. I would like recommendations for other shore diving guides for SE Florida, roughly Vero Beach to Miami. Ned's book is very comprehensive, but a bit weak on maps of specific sites. Any other good books out there?
Nothing???

Ive looked all over and have never found anything. So much local knowledge in local dive shops and nobody wrote it down.....:shocked2:

Ray Mcallister has two books out for Broward and part of palm beach county. One is shore dives and the other is boat dives. Very detailed with GPS and ranges. They are available in most local dive shops. Google can show some interesting sites

Lauderdale-By-The-Sea Dive Site Plan
Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Lauderdale by the Sea of Florida, USA East
South Florida Beach Diving Sites - Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach
Reefs and Wrecks in Greater Fort Lauderdale

Here are Few References I found with about 2 minutes of surfing. The fillexpress link looks very good with a lot of maps to local FL wrecks.

I have seen a lot of stuff both local books when I've been visiting FL, and a ton of info on the web with site maps and detail info. A lot of this is also available through Dive OPs and their websites.

You guys are getting awful Lazy when I can pull this up so easily. :D

Lauderdale-By-The-Sea Dive Site Plan
Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Lauderdale by the Sea of Florida, USA East
South Florida Beach Diving Sites - Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach
Reefs and Wrecks in Greater Fort Lauderdale

Here are Few References I found with about 2 minutes of surfing. The fillexpress link looks very good with a lot of maps to local FL wrecks.

I have seen a lot of stuff both local books when I've been visiting FL, and a ton of info on the web with site maps and detail info. A lot of this is also available through Dive OPs and their websites.

You guys are getting awful Lazy when I can pull this up so easily. :D

Thanks for the replies. I am not just lazy, I wanted guides that were evaluated by folks that knew the areas. I have read many guide books that seemed to be written by authors whose only research was Googling the regions.

While I surf online for dive info all the time, a copy of Mcallister's shore dive book lives in my car, along with Humann & Deloach's reef critter guide, and a Field Guide to the Birds.

I confess that I am one of those old school types who likes the physical sensation of holding a book in my hand and turning the pages. I doubt that will ever change...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom