Ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluespotocto

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going to get these ports 5503.15 - Super Wide Dome port 5505 - Flat Port and was wondering if the wide dome port would work with the 10-17 mm tokina fish eye and if the flat port would work with the 60 mm lens?

Thanks

You didn't say what camera system you were using. The Ikelite lens chart indicates a 5503 for the Tokina and a 5502.41 for the 60mm.

Doubler, yes that's why Jake asked the questions :D The two ports he asks about are included in a used set-up he is buying and he is hoping he can use them for the 60mm or 40mm macro and Tokina 10-17mm fisheye lens respectively and will not need to buy two more ports.

You will probably be OK with the 60mm and the 5505 flat port but I think that the Tokina 10-17 will be to long for the 5503.15 port.

More Information can be found here Nikon SLR Port Chart

as well as here Standard SLR Housing Ports

Bill, the 5505 is 0.4 inches longer than the 5502.41, which Ikelite recommend for the 60mm lens, so the lens will fit into the port and the extra 0.4 inches shouldn't be a problem, but it would be nice if Ikelite would confirm this. As I understand it, the 5503.15 is intended specifically for the Nikon 10.5 fisheye, so I share your doubts about its being compatible with the Tokina 10-17mm, but, again, it would be nice if Ikelite could give us a definite answer.

I also sent back scatter an email and they said the 60mm should work but the 10-17 wont work. It would be nice if ikelite confirms it.

The Tokina 10-17mm lens definitely won't physically fit in the 5503.15 port. I don't have the combination in front of me, but I would guess that the 60mm would be fine in the 5505 which is only a 1/2" longer than the recommended 5502.41. You may experience mild vignetting.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Back
Top Bottom