looking for dive buddies in fort lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sabanist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been living down here now for about 2 years. Just bought my BC and reg, picking up a tank tomorrow. Not asking anyone to make a special trip but if you are shore diving I would like to go. I don't know that many divers and none that regularly dive so I'm trying to expand my network and get more diving in.

I dive LBTS and Dania Beach (Shore Dives) all the time. always lookin to go out, usually on the weekdays so shoot me a msg anytime i'd be happy to go out

Thanks for the replies, definitely unable to do most weekdays but good to know those who are.

I'll be coming down from Canada on Saturday, if any of you would like to meet up and dive, I'd like to, since I'm on a budget and one charter dive is pretty much all I'll get if I go that route:D

There are a lot of Divers who live within an easy Drive of LBTS, or BHB that you can hook up with. I am not going to throw out names, but keep your eyes open and you should find them on SB.

Try and be open for the occasional late afternoon/early evening dive as they have been popular, and can be quick (couple hours). Weekends tend to be more crowded. Right now there is a jellyfish issue from my understanding.

You may want to buy a cheap float with a dive flag, and a short line. 50' should work unless you go past the second reef, 65'-70' max for shore diving the 3rd reef.

Good Luck and dive safe.

I have not done any beach dives, but I live about 1/2 a mile from Pompano beach, and have all the gear. I would definitely be interested in making some new friends that are interested in doing some beach dives.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom