suunto d9 found in florida.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow that's quite a find... I own a D9 and it KILLS me if I misplace it (usually the cats knocked it off my nighstand). On a boat, I'm paranoid about it.

Can you specify where (approximate dive site) you found it?
Ask any potential claimants to describe the dive history logged in it (hours or a few dive details) as well as type of band, etc.(upper right button will take you to the MEM log).
I would call Aqualung and let them know too that you have it. Unfortunately, the serial number is inside the unit or/can be ID's via the USB download. Only with that serial # can Aqualung trace it to the owner or the shop that sold it.

Good luck.

Classy move on your part... I hope you find the owner and I hope he gives you a perk...!!! lee
I looked at this forum and many other boards and did not see anyone claiming this computer. So lets try posting it. If no one claims it I'll offer it for sale and fund my daughter's college education.

please e-mail me with your description of the d9 and where you lost it. include a phone number.
russpwork@earthlink.net

Wow that's quite a find... I own a D9 and it KILLS me if I misplace it (usually the cats knocked it off my nighstand).
That's funny--mine is on my nightstand too. I never wear it unless I am on a dive trip, but the backlight is handy for checking the time in the middle of the night without disturbing my fiancee.

Can you specify where (approximate dive site) you found it?
No! Let the claimant specify where he lost it.

Ask any potential claimants to describe the dive history logged in it (hours or a few dive details) as well as type of band, etc.(upper right button will take you to the MEM log).
Yes, these are good, easy ways to establish ownership.

I would call Aqualung and let them know too that you have it.
I wouldn't. Without the serial number, what will Aqualung do with the information? What is the likelihood that the owner calls Aqualung? I have returned a couple of wallets (cash intact) a few cellphones, and a laptop (when taxis are your principal mode of transport you find things), but there's a limit to how much I will inconvenience myself to return something. I think the OP's satisfied his ethical obligations by posting here. If nobody comes forward, his daughter's first 3 hours at Harvard are paid for!
:D

True gentleman Seatree my hats off to you :thumb:

So no claims, so we sold it to one happy diver. THat should cover 1 year of books for my daughter's college.
Now we need a winning lottery ticket to pay for the tuition.:D

Back
Top Bottom