Wisdom 1 - Need service directly, not thru dealer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Defman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Wisdom 1 that needs some service. I don't have a relationship with a local dealer, and shipping it to my former dealer (ScubaToys) so they can turn around and re-ship it to Sherwood is just stupid. Unit is *way* out of warranty.

1) Quick disconnect needs a rebuild
2) LCD going out, some items display very faintly (1000's on tank pressure for example) or not at all.

How do I get this accomplished?

Like most electronics in need of repair, it is less expensive to replace than to repair. We (like most all Scuba manufacturers) do not repair older out of warranty computers but we do offer discounts on "upgrades" if you bring in your old computer to a dealer. The discount is determined by each dealer so you may want to call around and see what discounts your dealers will offer you.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

Thanks for the quick reply... two more questions based on your response..

1) Can I move the compass from my Wisdom 1 to the Wisdom 2? They look the same in pic's.
2) Does the Wisdom 2 use the same download cable as the Wisdom 1?

Thanks,
D

D,
Although the compass may look the same, we changed the size of all of our gauges/compass to be smaller from 2" to 1.75" around 2006 so I do not believe the compass will fit. When you send in your computer for the upgrade we do not need the compass so you can keep that and you can find a wrist mount for it as a back up. On the cable, we ugraded it to the new SDK400 to be plug-n-play from the SDK200 so no on that also.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

Back
Top Bottom