Sherwood Luna BC self inflates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackkimber

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I have a Sherwood Luna BCD with 18 dives on it. The hose mechanism to inflate the BC has started self inflating all on its own. I read that this is a known issue, and was advised that the repair should be free. Anyone know more about this? When I called Sherwood, I was given the royal run around and told to take it back to the dealer.

If anyone can say for certain they know the manufacturer will cover the cost of this repair, please let me know!

Also, any advice on what brand is a good basic BC, that would be greatly appreciated!

Take care all,
Kimber

Just take it back to the vendor, explain the issue and tell him if it's costs are not covered under warranty you need to be notified prior to authorizing repairs.

Kimber,
Please take your product to an authorized dealer for inspection. The dealer will verify the reason for the issue and get it resolved for you. We are sorry you feel you were given the run around but the only way to verify this is by physical inspection by an authorized dealer. It may be self inflating because it needs to be cleaned or maintained. If it needs to be covered under warranty, the dealer will contact us direct and we will get it taken care of. Sherwood is a good basic BC.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

This happened a couple of months ago, and it is not a pretty story. I bought my BC at Columbia Scuba, Columbia, SC. Lucy, the owner, and I have a definite personality clash, but she took it one step way too far. She refused to repair it. It didn't matter how much money I had to pay for it, she flat out refused to allow her tech to service it. Thank goodness for Wateree Dive Shop! Not only did they check it out, because I had another Sherwood BC that worked fine, they exchanged the inflation device out for me FREE! This shop really rocks!

Back
Top Bottom