What about a hoseless regulator config?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711

Reaction score
OK... I've seen a lot of posts saying things like "I like my Air2 because it's one less hose I need" or "I got a hoseless computer because it's less clutter."

I've been doing some serious pondering on the ultimate in streamlining, and getting rid of all these nasty hoses. It's redundant, easy to transport, and get this:

I've managed to get a gear configuration down to ZERO hoses!

OK - you may be saying to yourself, "Self - how does he do that! I'm getting all excited! With my split fins and no hoses, I'll be able to go Mach3 underwater! Look out fish and coral - I'm coming through!"

Well... here's the secret. Forget tanks. Forget regulators. Forget hoses... the wave of the future is... an ammo belt.

I'm going to take a leather belt full of loops - rather like an ammo belt for very large ammunition - and fill it full of Spare Airs.

No SPG needed... I can just swim along, and as it empties, I can replace it with my next Spare Air. No tanks on my back... no hoses... full and complete redundancy. To heck with carrying double tanks - I'm carrying 30 or 40 tanks!

If my buddy runs out of air, I can just hand him 3 or 4 of those suckers, like underwater candy.

What do you all think?

LMAO:D

The spare-air company is very happy now...

LMAO

This is great.

:D :D

Sounds great! How much does it cost?

I can picture it now ...

Very good, but perhaps this should be in the humor section?

I take it this is in reply to the (yet another) spair air thread?

I dive a 40cf stage when I'm in recreational gear.

dude...now I'm brainstorming....

here we go....I'm doing one better and eliminating fins....

What about taking two tanks and putting them together by welding they're bottoms...now you have a double cylinder with a valve you can control with your feet and one up by your mouth.

This is essentially a really long, air powered propulsion scooter...but with breathing gas inside....weld on some handles, some cool adjustable fnis to control where you go, and put one of those nifty hoseless regualtor things on the breathing end.....PRESTO...self-containted underwater breathing & propulsion decive.

After all - less hoses are good. I've heard it on here a number of times, so it must be true.

The Spare Air is a fully redundant air source, correct? And they market a "Double Spare Air," so what is wrong with having even more?

A Spare Air has enough air to get you to the surface from 130 feet. It's been done. I heard the guy who did it even got a free helicopter ride from a friend of his named Dan.

I think you people are all jealous because I thought of it first.

Boogie711 once bubbled...
I think you people are all jealous because I thought of it first.

You are the first. It's an interesting concept. As you breath each one down you could plug it back into your belt with the regulator pointing towards your feet, working from left to right. That would eliminate confusion between the empty and full ones.

No O rings to fail!!
Plus, a 3 CU FT Spare Air at 40 feet will give you , say, at least 3 mins of air. So, you only have to carry 25 of the suckers for a 75 min dive! Then you throw the emptys into a gunny sack and dump them out at your LDS for fills.
It's like diving with 75 buddies!

Rick Inman once bubbled...
Then you throw the emptys into a gunny sack and dump them out at your LDS for fills.

Oh gawd... I've been the guy at the LDS filling tanks..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom