New UK sidemount rig... thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ste Wart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Recently I was trying to get hold of a very specific D-ring. This lead to me a phone call with a small UK dive manufacturer (I won't mention the name as I don't want to be accused of advertising). Anyway after an extended discussion the owner told me that he would soon be putting out a SM onto the market. (see below)
KT_Sidemount_PRD.jpg

I'm slowly moving towards the idea of SM, although I should really be saving for Uni. But this harness is only £78.

Thoughts?

Exactly the same as EVERY OTHER sm harness....

snoring-sleeping-zz-smiley-clip-art.jpg

Reactions: Jax
Yeah, the same as every other harness... except they've knocked a zero off the price. Sweet. :D

I wouldn't mind knowing who the manufacturer was :wink:

Look at the price genius

Over $100 usd for a few pieces of hardware and webbing. I paid $65 for the exact same thing 2 years ago.

If you want to make this under $50, just copy this one, same thing...
148332_10150303347515062_901605061_15408238_5760379_n.jpg

Let me reiterate
snoring-sleeping-zz-smiley-clip-art.jpg

basically a razor knockoff.

I agree, its a knock-off of a knock-off.

The price is refreshing-ish($122ish), but I guess it has to be with that hideous lower plate. They should have knocked-off better.

Over $100 usd for a few pieces of hardware and webbing. I paid $65 for the exact same thing 2 years ago.

If you want to make this under $50, just copy this one, same thing...
148332_10150303347515062_901605061_15408238_5760379_n.jpg

Yeah, I'd struggle to fit into that. I don't have the body of an adolescent.

I'll just add ufcdiver to the block list.. there.

The point of the thread was to find out if the rig was capable, not if it looked like other rigs.

The point of the thread was to find out if the rig was capable, not if it looked like other rigs.
Stupid question, seeing as how it's a near exact copy of all the other rigs.

Stupid question, seeing as how it's a near exact copy of all the other rigs.

Now, now, children, the point of the thread was to garner thoughts. Any thought, not matter what you think of it, is fair game. :)

:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom