Dive computers - download problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi

I have not been diving long but was away this weekend for my 1st sea dives. I have just bought and used a Suunto Vyper.I bought the download manager 3 at the same time and have sent the last hour or so trying to connect my dive computer to the programe now running on my PC

It keeps saying Device not found
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/images/icons/icon_cry.gif

Any suggestions why this may be. I have changed usb port on the PC and cleaned the contacts on the cable and on the Vyper

Is this a normal problem or should I worry that the cable or the Vyper are not working right?

Thanks

Wendy

Wendy, we need some more info -

What computer system are you trying to download to? MAC, PC?

What Operating System? What kind of connection cable?

Were there drivers on the software (download manager 3) that you need to load?

If you have a Mac, I found this on a Mac site:

You need to download and install the USB/Serial drivers before you install the MacDive software. If you have any questions, please get in touch.

*Dive Software for Mac*

Dive Log Sofware – MacDive - Download

USB and Serial Port Drivers – Virtual COM Port Drivers

Hi Wendy,
I do not have the Suunto Vyper, but I had the same issues with my Aeris Atmos. I eventually figured it out but it took a while.

I assume you downloaded all the software and drivers that came with the computer? If you arent sure, you can go to the website and download and install the latest drivers if needed.

With mine, when I plugged it into my laptop I expected to see a window come up telling you it had been found and all that like when you plug anything else in. But that did not happen. Once I connected it, I went to my software for the Aeris, and started playing around with it and used the help option and eventually figured it out.

Not sure if this is a help, but I know from experience it can be a pain, but once you get it it's worth it. Worst case, maybe someone at your local dive shop can help.

Hi

Sorry

It is a PC with Windows Vista

I downloaded the Dive manager 3 disk that came with the USB cable

It was a straight download with no options to pick and choose what hit the PC

The dow load seemed to work I just can't get it to find the wrist computer as a device to load the dive logs

I am not overly technical but thought this would be straightforward.

Thanks

Hook up your Dive Computer. Make sure it is on.

Go to Start (button) | Control Panel and search for Device Manager.

When it opens, right-click on the computer, and choose "Scan for new hardware."

It it finds the dive computer, it may or may not load drivers. If not, click "have disk" (if you have one?)

If you don't have a disk, go here: Download Center & User Guides | Suunto

Download the appropriate software for your computer to a directory (place) you know how to navigate to.​

I find it amazing it doesn't install the drivers during the install. Did you reboot your computer after installing the software? That is ALWAYS a good idea. Vista will register the drivers, and then should recognize your dive computer.

Also, reboot with your dive computer hooked up, and on. That will also trigger the PC to find it.

Do you have [tr-pc] showing on your vyper when you try this? It needs to be in this mode before it will accept transfer of dives.

And you have to hit the "mode" button one more time to lock the dive computer into the TR-PC function.

One more thing, Stay with Download Manager 3 (or 3.1)--you will absolutely detest Download Manager 4 with moves count. You have been warned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom