Stage bottle tank bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbomb01

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been reading about how to do you own stage bottle setup. I got everythign down except the straps that hold the second stage hose. I been watching videos and posts and its mention to use bicycle inner tube. I just dont see how the inner tube will be set up to hold the hose.

Do you cut a piece and glue the two ends to make a circle?
Do you tie a knot and make circle ?

I got all the gear and can't wait to complete my set up. I know I can buy a kit but I like to the DYI style.

Thanks

If you slice the tube, it makes little rings. Slide them over the tank.

Fyi, bicycle tubes might be a bit on the small side for stages (ok, way too small). Motorcycle tubes are probably better.

Good luck!

I picked up a wheelbarrow innertube from harbor freight a few months ago for this purpose. It works great for my 19, 30, and 40ft bottles. It works OK for my AL80 bottles, but is a little bit tight. You can also use bungee cord loops, but they tend to ride not stay in place as well as rubber straps.

Size the tube diameter to fit the tank, slice of a piece a few inches wide, then trim it to the width you want ( with straight edges, easier once it is cut away from the tube) I then cut a strip about 3 inches long and using contact cement, after cleaning with MEK attach one end and then fold over to make a tag that I can grab to restow a reg hose.

I use bicycle inner tubes, I cut them length wise and tie the ends together.
the wheel barrow tube might be a better approach, If I could only find some.

-Mitch

You can buy EDPM bands on the internet that are the correct size for both 80s and 40s. No need to tie ends together.

If you're shown how, its super easy to stow hoses, even with gloves on, without any tabs or knots in the bands.

Motorcycle tubes are probably better.
Big ones.

I was lucky enough to have a friend who went to a motorcycle shop and got an appropriate inner tube for AL 40s. It was just about the biggest size they carried.

or use surgical tubing. you can make it as loose or as tight as you like... you don't want it so tight that it might not come out if you pull too hard or damage the regulator...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom