how hard it is actually to find a dive buddy in red sea - sharm al sheikh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MeanGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i've been actually diving for 4 years now , but i got my license in 2009 anyways.
i've always wondered , what its like to find a dive buddy online, talk to em, and then plan a trip together.

did any of you regret doing that? its hard to go out on a dive with someone you just met or met online , although it would be agood experience , usually i try to pair with anyone on a dive site, usually people who dont have a buddy. but then i usually plan my dives for them, if they're experienced "dive masters / instructors" i usually just follow them while i keep an eye on my computer, but if they were inexperienced , i would just plan the safest dive cuz i dont know what they're capable of , or their air consumption ..

i linked my facebook account lol, to scare you guys with my pictures, but i might plan my new dive trips with people from this site. it'll be in like next year's summer =) but i thought i'd ask this question .. i tried divebuddy.com but sadly most of the people there are from the states and most of them are diving in the states >.> i might go to florida again.. who knows. my wife only allowed me to dive for one day -.-

i have no clue about the red sea but
i plan most of my dives online on a similar board this one it's a local message board for divers in the pugit sound area
it seems like every week im diving with someone new you still need to know every ones experience level and plan accordingly
best thing about it is you can almost always tag along with other people if you dont have a set plan for the weekend

i see =) in my country , i already have a buddy with me and he owns a boat. but from now on, im planning to go to the red sea like once or twice a year for 10 days - 2 weeks diving trips .

so we'll see about it.

I go to sharm quite alot love the diving in and round sharm; I dive with red sea water world they are good; or should i say; for me it has been good ; lots of dive centres so you can check them on the net; i'm going 10/11/11

We stay at the hyatt regency very good shore dive called the gardens the dive school is very good its a nice dive site and you can do all the others sites by boat drift dive wreck diving and all the reef coral fish one could wish for have a nice time and be lucky

thanks paul, sadly i wont be able to make it to sharm this fall, i just came back from port ghalib - marsa alam 6 days diving safari trip or probably its called live abroad . to be honest, it was one of a kind experience, big brother's islands / elphinstone / abu dabbab / daedalus reefs .

the brothers / elphine / daedalus were kinda extreme dives , the bottom was more than 150 meters "400 ft?" , but i dont think im a fan of deep dives , i wanna go back to the colored corals and cute little fish . thats why im planning to stick to sharm on my next trip.

but i will check them out paul , thanks for letting me know =)

thanks agility , i will do that in the future , i think i had enough of deep dives =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom