Gold Coast Scuba shop and meetup group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackvans1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all, just felt as though I should give a word of advice to those either coming down to south Fl (LBTS, Pompano, Miami, etc etc).
recently drove down from NY and was given this link to help me find buddies. I knew 0 divers in Florida, and only had about a week until school started. I signed up on their meetup group, and my drive down date came closer, more and more divers came out of the woodwork that were willing to be my dive buddies. I met some fantastic divers, and some okay divers. The thing I really learned (especially as a new diver), is that you need to be upfront with people about your diving style. For instance, I was doing ALL shore diving (broke college kid, remember?), and so It'd help to inform my buddy that I'm a fatty and like to swim very slow out to the reefs, and like to swim slow during the dives too :D

The owners at GCS are all very nice, and knowledgeable. I can probably go on the meetup website and find dives tommorow if I wanted to.

In just 7 days in Florida, I dove 13 times, and I have the blisters to prove it.

As a member of their meetup group you get a discount on just about everything they sell.

The meetup group is at this location:
Gold Coast Scuba Divers (954) 616-5909 (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Meetup

The main website can be located at this link
Gold Coast Scuba » Your Site Name

The main website is still in the works but feel free to call.

And they didnt even pay me to write this!
:D

We love them too! Honest, genuine, sea loving peeps. They also have a great tank card for like $75.

I've only done two dives with the meetup group, but everyone I met was nice. I talked to Steve in his shop one afternoon and he seems like a very nice person and experienced diver. I am considering the shop for my Rescue class

The guys at Gold Coast are all good guys! I've been diving with them and the meetup group for a couple of years and have made quite a few good dive buddies through there.

SOA, where is the closest shore diving location to Boca?

I'm living in boca and want to find somewhere closer to shore dive at

I usually hit the Pompano drop off. The inside reefs at Oakland Park are pretty nice as well as the drop off there. A lot of people like LBTS, I guess because it's such an easy dive being so close to shore. It has some nice structure I guess, but over crowded and over rated imho.

There's a number of other good spots down here, but those are the closest to Boca.

I did my Rescue with Gold Coast Scuba and I also dive with the Gold Coast Meetup group. I have good things to say about them as a teacher and as a active dive group. They are great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom