Looking for a Used Superlite 27, Gorski G2000SS or Miller 400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wolffin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
To all divers looking for a used Superlite 17/27, Gorski G2000SS or Miller 400 helmet to use with my rebreather. If you have a old helmet for sale. Please send pictures and information on your helmet.

Thank you very much!
Jeff@nrrllc.com

I will be doing some of the modifications and Kiss will build the breathing loop tie-in block.

If you are in cold water I recommend a fiberglass hat. The high thermal conductivity of the Bronze on a Miller is especially noticeable. Stainless hats are definitely warmer than Bronze. I screwed up once on a Miller and hot water suit and shoved my hand up the neck dam to adjust or scratch something. Hot water from the glove drenched the lining and rest of the dive was miserable-cold even though the rest of me was toasty. The same oversight on a SuperLite was not nearly so unpleasant.

As much as I prefer stainless hats overall, metal hats are more expensive if you have to machine/weld in large diameter ports. Monitor Craig’s’ List along the Gulf Coast for used hats. I understand that Kirby Morgan has made a hat for rebreathers, but isn’t in the catalog/Web site if you have to resort to buying new.

Good luck… it would be great to see images of the details when you get it done.

Back
Top Bottom