Wing RecExp in order to go to Sidemount ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

szdavid

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am currently diving with a harness, a backplate and a DiveRite Rec EXP wing

Is it possible to go sidemount with this wing ?

How should I set it (with pictures, it would help :) )

Thank you for your feedback and help

David

Almost any wing can be modified for sidemount. It would require having some tabs sewn in to keep the wing from tacoing. You will need a soft harness. A back plate isn't really practical for sidemount. Sorry, no photos. I don't have a Rec EXP wing to show you how it would be done. Your best option is to become more familiar with sidemount, maybe take a class, before attempting to build a sidemount rig.

Greetings David I am doing just that with a pre-EXP Rec wing right now.
Rob is very correct a soft harness will allow you to bungee the wing and with a few mods you will be on your way.
I will try to post some pics later.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep learning!

You haven't noted what type of diving you'd like to use this rig...

In the case of OW dives, then you can easily convert your rig from Back to OWSM keeping the plate, wing/bladder, harness and everything, and just adding some bungees, buttplate (or alternatives) and something to avoid wing tacoing- and of course- rigging tanks, regulator routing optimization, etc. Not much work, really.

I cannot comment on cave (never been there nor done that) other than backplate being a no go for restricted passages etc. etc.

pm sent got this setup as well, curious about other that done this.. pictures can be interesting, got to take some of mine and i will post them as well

Brewone0to: your mailbox is full :-(

Back
Top Bottom