what is the smallest back plate please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trapmonkey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My girlfriend may have seen the light the problem now is the smallest BP we have seen is the oxcheck BP. I need one that is an inch shorter or thereabouts as she is a V petite sized diver.

think 5'1" 100pounds

many thanks for any advice.

TM

Deep Sea Supply makes a SMALL BACKPLATE for "divers under 5' 3" tall."

And it's damned fine gear, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As does Dive Rite;

[h=3]Dive Rite Short Backplate[/h] Many short waisted divers, particularly petite women, find typical backplates do not fit them very well. The DR Short Backplate is solves this problem because it is exactly 2-inches shorter than a standard backplate at 13.5-inches high and 10.5-inches wide (weight 1.5 lbs, 0.68 kg). The shorter backplate won't dig into the lumbar area of the back and sits right where the shorter diver needs it - just below the waist. Featuring natural color hardcoat anodized finish on 5052 aluminum, all edges are smooth and rounded to eliminate sharp edges and prevent abrasion to harness webbing. Available in aluminum only, this strong low weight backplate also makes a great Travel Plate
Standard eleven-inch on center holes accommodate double tank bolt kits and holes along the perimeter of the plate allow for mounting lights, pony bottles, lift bags and other accessories. One-inch and two-inch slots permit choice of crotch straps and two 3/8-inch slots along the bottom are designed to fit assembly screws for attaching accessories. The harness webbing actually weaves below the top hole on the small backplate so there is no need for the webbing to be pierced or grommeted.

I recently tried the new small Halcyon plate. Although I usually don't think Halcyon gear is worth the price premium, they have done a great job with this plate. Not only is it shorter and narrower, but they put the slots for the shoulder straps MUCH closer together, so the straps don't slide off narrow shoulders. I am seriously considering replacing my steel plate with the Halcyon one.

+1 for dss small.. They also have weight plates if your friend wants to get some of the weight off of her waist.. I just added some dss weight plates to my oms plate/iq pack and love it.. The Dss stuff is really nice...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom