Help picking place

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getnsquirrelee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey ya'll. My wife and I are looking for a place to dive in the morning. We are in Central florida and looking at going to one of the springs, just don't know which one. We are looking at Alexander springs, paradise springs, or devils's den. Want somewhere to actually see some things. Normally do the ease coast, just looking for something different to get wet and see some new things. Any experienced help would be appreciated. Thanks.

My buddy was telling me about Crystal river yesterday and it sounded really interesting. I have not been, but a clear river and scallops, whats not to like...... Ohh they have Manatees and other stuff as well.

Yeah we do crystal river area for scallops this time of year. We put in at Bayport and go out about a mile. Looking for something different and something we don't have to haul the boat to. Truck with boat likes some gas. :depressed:

You could do one dive at Devils Den and then go across to Blue Grotto. IMHO there is not much to see at either but makes for a real nice day if the weather is good. I think Devils Den is unique and worth a dive. Dive within your ability and training only in caverns.

Personally, I prefer ginnie springs to the others mentioned...much prettier, and less likely to get all clouded up with a few "poor skilled" divers silting the bottom.

I agree with Dan, Ginnie is by far one of the best springs.
As a matter of fact we just came back from diving Ginnie yesterday and the Santa Fe was clear enough to dive it as well.

I would definitely recommend a weekday dive since all the college kids come out in extremely large numbers during the weekend.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314617338.711871.jpg

FB-Florida Scuba Diver

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom