Skagit County Flooding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm not sure if there are any other members on the board that live in Skagit County, but if there is, this is mostly directed at you!

Due to recent flooding situations, there are a few cities that are covered in water. With the water receeding now, I'm extending an offer from a group of my family and friends to help with any kind of clean-up needed. If this applies to you, send me a Private Message, and we can work something out!

For thoes that haven't heard... the Skagit River (which has a flood "warning" set at 28 feet) reached about 39 feet yesterday. Low lying cities, like Hamilton are pretty much totally under water. Being a Skagit Dive Rescue/ Water Rescue member, we had to opportunity to "explore" the city, and the damage there amazed me! The river has dropped about 5 feet today, but the heavy rain has started again, and there predicting more floods by Friday if the rain keeps up.

Well, that is longer then I thought, but I thought I would put out the offer here too, just in case! Be safe everyone!

Kayla :)

I've seen some of the pictures on the news, you guys really got the rain! In contrast, here in southwest Washington we have enjoyed almost summer like weather. Hope you guys get a break from the rain.

Back
Top Bottom