for all the cold water drysuit divers out there!! how much weight do u carry??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chironomidkraut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
just curious on how much weight u guys carry (weight belt, integrated, ballast weights) all together
i am pushing 35 lbs of weight with bare super hi loft underwear and my drysuit

Heavy weight thermals (300), DUI suits both TLS350 and CF200, hood, dry gloves & steel 120. I wear 18 lbs and could cut that down if I needed to. The tank makes all the difference.

Wet with a 7mil full suit, 5mil gloves, hood & steel 120 I sport 10 pounds.

The tank you use makes all the difference.

Really depends on type of drysuit, type of undergarment, fresh or salt, etc.
I typically wear 20lbs with a shell suit and personalized layered undergarments in fresh water with an AL80.

I also dive 16lbs total wearing Bare Trilam suit with Fourth Element Arctic's. I have it setup as 6lbs SSplate, 6lb STA, two 2lb weights in trim pockets. I have Worthington HP100 tank. ( Fresh Water) If I am in salt water with same it would be 22lbs I add in an extra 6lbs for the salt water

30 lbs, weight pockets and trim weights, with about the same underwear, a bare trilam dry suit and an al 80. I'm 165 lbs and I'm in fresh water, looks like I need to keep working to get this down 16 lbs that would be nice. I am down from about 34 when I first started in my drysuit so there may still be some room.

Ben

31 lbs (including 5 pound backplate) with Whites MK3 and LP95. Need a couple more pounds with the HP100s.

5 pound backplate + 8 pounds of plate weights.
2 pounds of can light
28 pounds of weight belt.
Steel tank (130 or 120)

This is with a High Tide compressed neo drysuit and 100 weight polypro undies.

With a DUI TLS + 200 gram garment, AL80 in freshwater, around 20-22 pounds. Same rig in salt water 24 pounds
With a DUI 300 g garment 24 pounds in fresh and 26-28 in saltwater
Twin 104's = 0 pounds

same 11 pounds with my bare Cd4 (4mm compressed) or my 7mm wetsuit.
AL wing plate, 15L steel tank

will be less with my double 12L steel.

Last edited:
2 kg (about 4.4 lbs) in fresh water, 5 kg (11 lbs) in salt. That's with a trilam suit, fourth element arctics undergarments, AL backplate and a steel 12L tank.

Back
Top Bottom