LBTS Tomorrow and Sun mornings, anyone going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We will be doing our first dive here this weekend. Any fellow members going to be there? We will probably go very early morning, to be in the water by 7:30 or so.

Guy

Hey, you should contact gold coast scuba dive meetup group/ dive shop. I made a thread about it.

I'll send you a pm

We will be doing our first dive here this weekend. Any fellow members going to be there? We will probably go very early morning, to be in the water by 7:30 or so.

Guy

Guy: I plan to dive with Gold Coast's meetup group at 10:30 at the Datura Ave entrance. Might be too late of a start for you plans though...... I am not yet sure if we are meeting at the shop or just the beach entrance. here's a link

LBTS Datura Avenue - Gold Coast Scuba Divers (954) 616-5909 (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Meetup

I will be there in a little over a month, i have a condo on the beach 1/4 mile south of the pier, i offer free unlimited parking and a easy to way to clean gear after. I dive everyday, i also
dive with the great people from Gold Coast for a few years now. shoot me a PM if you want
to dive between the 9th and 15th of October

On a "normal" weekend 10:30 would be great but we want to at least try and avoid the beach crowds and crazy boaters that holiday weekends bring out. Still, we might like to meet and greet as we are leaving and you are arriving. We want to meet more local divers and this sounds like a great way to do it. We haven't visited Gold Coast but we will be sure to drop by.

I dove Datura this morning with the GCS folks (right after their rebreather presentation at the shop). I also met Sportxlh, who is IMHO an excellent diver.

The viz was maybe 15 - 20 and water was a little green and choppy and there was a south current. I saw no jellies, but my buddies saw a couple - maybe I'm not very observant - but all in all a lovely dive.

What time are you going out tomorrow morning? GCS is putting on a scuba/kayak clinic in Hollywood at 9, but I might go with you guys instead....or just sleep in.

Guess I'm just getting lazy in my old age.

We got there yesterday at 8:00 and it was choppy and not to good looking, so we decided not to go.

Will do BHB today.

we will keep watching the gold coast scube groups, they sound like a lot of fun!

On a "normal" weekend 10:30 would be great but we want to at least try and avoid the beach crowds and crazy boaters that holiday weekends bring out. Still, we might like to meet and greet as we are leaving and you are arriving. We want to meet more local divers and this sounds like a great way to do it. We haven't visited Gold Coast but we will be sure to drop by.

Sorry we missed each other. The crowds were non-existent yesterday. I actually got a parking space right at the beach entrance on Datura Ave at 10:20 or so.

Don't know if the waves laid down a bit after you checked the conditions out at 8:00 or not, but by 11:00, the conditions were decent. It was a little chopy but vis at the second reef line just beyond the end of the pier was still good at over 25 feet.

I went to Datura yesterday around 8:30am or so. A little choppy, but not bad. Vis was mediocre, kind of murky, but a great dive. Like bilsant said, around 15 to 20 vis. When we got in we didn't notice any real current to speak of. We swam south for about 45 minutes, nice and leisurely, and when we turned around it only took about 10 minutes to drift back to where we started. I was surprised. It must have picked up a lot from 9 to 10. I kept thinking of the movie Apollo 13... we had a free return trajectory. LoL It was pretty cool. Nice dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom